Fighting For You – The victim
TPD injuries can result from any type of accident imaginable and you must seek legal advice immediately.
Most West Australians will have chosen to have TPD cover as part of their superannuation group plan. This should cover you if you suffer an injury or illness that prevents you from working, typically in any occupation for which you are suited by reason of your ‘education, training and experience’. Some West Australians have even chosen a retail policy, a standalone policy, to cover them in the event of suffering an injury or illness that prevents them from getting back to work in their own occupation.
If you suffer an illness or an injury that prevents you from going back to work you may be able to claim those benefits as a lump sum payment. But an ASIC report published in 2019 showed that there had been about 26,000 claims, of which insurance companies declined between 7% – 37%. Disturbingly, some insurance companies declined more claims than some others, and more worryingly, two insurers had a level of disputes substantially disproportionate to their share of claims.
No Win, No Fee – Start Thinking About Your Case Today!
We are here for you
Most disputes relate to: disputes over the medical evidence to prove total and permanent disability; a long delay in making your claim; an underpayment of the claim; and arguments about failing to disclose a pre-existing medical condition. Because with some insurers nearly 37% of claims are disputed, it is important to get legal advice if you want to make a claim. If your insurance company (or the Trustees) have declined your claim, don’t give up, chat to the Team at Lian Hall Injury Law.
Common Catastrophic Injuries
- Brain and head injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can affect an memory, movement, cognition, mood and ability to live a normal daily life.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries to the spine can lead to partial or full paralysis of of regions of the body.
- Vision loss: Losing one’s vision can have a significant impact on one’s quality of life and earning ability.
- Loss of limbs: Losing one’s limbs can be devastating, emotionally and physically.
- Permanent internal organ damage: Permanent damage to internal organs may be caused by direct accident trauma or serious traffic collisions.
- Serious burns: They are painful with a long road to recovery, and leave victims with permanent scarring.
Our Perth Catastrophic Injury lawyers are ready to here your story.
Phone (08) 9367 7497 for a FREE consultation.
Lian Hall is here to protect your rights and fight for fair compensation.
We Are Dedicated to Helping Our Clients
PUT THEIR LIVES BACK TOGETHER
Dedicated to Personal Injury Law
At Lian Hall, our focus is Personal Injury law and we are dedicated to helping those who’s lives have been wronged due to the actions of another.
We know that each Personal Injury each case we undertake in Perth is unique, which is why we tailor our legal solutions to suit your needs.
Fighting For Fair Compensation
We know what it feels like to be the little guy, which is why we will take the fight to get you the maximum compensation you rightly deserve.